I had a discussion with one of my teachers (the owner of a studio for which I may sub some classes) about how I don’t feel like I have the authority to tell people what to do in their practice. My teaching is timid; I play it safe.
“I feel you,” she told me, “but you do have authority. You went through a teacher training and spend most of your day practicing yoga. Trust yourself, because your students come to be told what to do.”
Then I saw this video and laughed really hard. Maybe I should stop being so timid and just get seriously hands-on with my students. He’s manhandling them and sort of yelling…haha
- Remembering Pattabhi Jois (theconfluencecountdown.com)
- The Responsibility of a Mysore Style Ashtanga Yoga Teacher. (elephantjournal.com)
- The Biggest Problem With Teaching Yoga… (theviewfrommymat.com)
- Yoga’s Future Requires Sunglasses. ~ Scott Smith Miller (elephantjournal.com)
- Roundup of Guruji remembrances: Eddie Stern and others (theconfluencecountdown.com)